Exercise Song Lyrics and Sound Clip
Jack Capon & Rosemary Hallum, Ph.D.
This song is available on Children’s All-Time Rhythm Favorites
An old favorite!
Follow the directions given in the music:
1) Touch toes
3) Touch toes
4) Trunk twists
5) Jumping jacks
6) Circle arms forward, then backward
7) Lift and lower arms
8) Run in place slow (tortoise) and fast (hare)
* Discuss and demonstrate correct form for each exercise.
* Don't try to do the whole thing at once. Start small, with just a few of the exercises, and gradually build up to doing them all.
* If you're not in a situation in which children can do situps and pushups, substitute another activity:
Example: Touch elbow to opposite knee. Thrust alternate arms upward.
See more of our Action Song Lyrics
Many thanks to Educational Activities, Inc.for permission to display these lyric excerpts.
© Activity Records, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Exercise & Movement
|Sign Up for our Free Monthly Newsletter